Ảnh của Tôi
Tên:

my writings with the illustrations - painting by the little girl-artist Ngô Quế Anh, six years old (her birthday:21.9.2002) Với những bức ký họa của Ngô Quế Anh, họa sĩ nhí, sáu tuổi (sinh ngay 21-9-2002)

Chủ Nhật, 12 tháng 8, 2012

Shakespeare sonnet No.7



Quế Anh     Oil pastel on paper, November 2011


Bùi Giáng (1926-1998), arguably the most important vietnamese poet of our time, who has been, to my honour, a very close friend of mine, has often expressed to me his regrets about the old time when our patriarchs, our elders, our wise politicians used to convey their ideas in poetic way, visions and forms. In these ways, their opinions were not dogmatic; they were open-ended, inviting for endless interpretations which made them richer and more humane. Certainly that was the reason why we have the sonnets of William Shakespeare. He has written down reflections about human living and history, about daily life, loves and desires, in his poems. These poems were to be interpreted hermeneutically or maybe in a better way even “desconstructed” to give different new poems, as the reader’s reflective empathy. That was why these  “Shakespeare sonnets” of my doings!
Ngô Văn Tao


“O never say that I was false of heart”

Never shall I fail you in the beat of my heart
Even in absence, my flame will not die
Might it be that from you I shall have to part
To go back, to stay close to you my soul’ll try

Really must I take the boat for overseas
Caught in the whirlwind of a fateful life
You know, I shall cry on the departure day
I shall hav’ a broken heart to say you good-bye

For our love in its everlasting moments
Happy permanence in the flow of time
And for the sun shining over our homeland

Albeit the changing world, the frailty of life
A rose I present to you, my offering
Silent pray with those ever wishful feelings
7 August 2012
Ngô Văn Tao

From the Shakespeare’s sonnet:
O never say that I was false of heart” (the first line)

The Royal Shakespeare Theatre edition:
The sonnets of William Shakespeare


Tình yêu không bao giờ tan biến

Cô đơn vắng lạnh anh càng nhớ em
Trong ngày mưa cũng như trong ngày nắng
Tâm hồn anh trở về bến hoa sen
Nơi có em với muôn màu ánh sáng

Dù cuộc đời có bao giờ như ta muốn
Chia rẽ người tình bắt anh phải xa em
Tan nát trái tim trong ngày từ giã
Tuôn tràn giọt lệ trên từng bước đi

Nhưng mà em ơi!
Những ngày xưa đẹp vẫn mãi còn đây
Hoa lá tưng bừng mặt trời rạng rỡ
Vẫn em đến cho anh  với nụ cười
Đất trời đổi thay muôn ngàn mất mát
Tháng năm phượng đỏ gió thổi bay rơi
Một vạt áo em mang đầy hoa rụng
8/08/2012


Bùi Giáng thường nhắc nhở người xưa chỉ làm thơ chứ không lý giải. Họ không độc đoán, giáo điều áp đảo. Người đời tiếp thu những câu thơ, thông diễn giải có thể lại chính bằng những bài thơ bay bổng. Vậy  đó, W.Shakespeare (1564-1616) có những tình ý, có thể là minh triết, viết ra thành thơ (154 bài sonnets – The Royal Shakespeare Theatre edition: The sonnets of William Shakespeare), mà tôi mạn giải cấu mấy bài bằng những bài thơ “Shakespeare sonnets”.

0 Nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét

Đăng ký Đăng Nhận xét [Atom]

<< Trang chủ